With stories by:
- Paul Haines
- Stephen Dedman
- Tansy Rainer Roberts
- Richard Harland
and much more!
Cover art by Kerri Valkova
- Editorial: Decisions, decisions, decisions - Keith Stevenson
- The Gift of Hindsight - Paul Haines
- Line of Defence - Stephen Dedman
- Dog Years - Sue Isle
- Garments of the Dead - Tansy Rayner Roberts
- Catabolic Magic - Richard Harland
- The Lamb - Brendan Duffy
- The Ikin Interviews: Stephanie Smith and Selwa Anthony - Van Ikin
- Why is the most popular Australian SF not published in Australia? - Edwina Harvey
- Digital Dreams - Anthony Fordham
- Reviews and News - Bill Congreve
- Xtreme Science: 2 Big, 2 Smart, 2 Old... 2 Morrow - P L O'Neill
- Market Report - James Cain
- Making War - Jeremy Davies
- A conversation with Lynn Flewelling - Bill Congreve
- Envision 2003 - Heather Gent
- Cover illustration - Kerri Valkova
Decisions, decisions, decisions
Editorial by Keith Stevenson
The following is based on a presentation to the EnVision Writer's Workshop in Brisbane, July 2003.
So dar, I've selected fiction for four issues of Aurealis. All of it (hopefully) good. When I was asked to EnVision to talk about what an editor looks for in a short story, it made me critically re-evaluate the fiction I had chosen for Aurealis issues #29 to #31. Every one of those stories had - for me - something special, and as I looked at them again, I began to see some common themes arising.
*All prices are shown in Australian Dollars (AUD).